“Giving Back (a free course)“
The ‘Mindfulness for Beginners‘ is a complementary Online 7 lesson course. Requiring 10-15 minutes per lesson.
In 1990 the Guelph meditation sangha was started, with its participants waxing and waning as new people attend, some remain while others leave. However, a core strength has remained throughout these 25 years.
What the sangha is:
A leaderless group Guelph Meditation has faithfully gathered once per week in each others homes. We ‘sit’ for 45 minutes, listen to a talk, a reading or other form of presentation. We then speak to the meaning and understanding this particular issue has in our respective lives. In other words, our practice encompasses not only the ‘sit’ but also the ensuing conversation. Our conversation is grounded in the Buddhist teachings. We presume that members have an understanding of basic Buddhist concepts and principles.
Over these years, each evening unofficially follows some basic assumptions:
- Mutual respect.
- Sharing is optional.
- Listen gratefully and mindfully.
- Speak from one’s own experience.
What the sangha is not:
- An educational group, each person is responsible for some understanding of Buddhist terms and philosophy.
- An intellectual discussion group, i.e. not needing to correct, convert, challenge others to a particular viewpoint.
- A therapy group, i.e. no need to debate, rescue, problem-solve or in any way interfere with an others contribution.
For more information, please phone- 519-648-2985 or email- email@example.com