Your old thoughts are gone; there is nothing you can do about them except live out the experiences they caused. Your current thought, the one you are thinking right now, is totally under your control.
When you put yourself into this peaceful state first, it becomes easy for your affirmations to take hold.
Exercise: Releasing & Letting Go
As you read this:
- Take a deep breath in.
- As you exhale, allow all the tension to leave your body.
- Let your scalp and your forehead and your face relax.
- Let your tongue and your throat and your shoulders relax.
- You can hold a book with relaxed arms and hands. Do that now.
- Let your back and your abdomen and your pelvis relax.
- Let your breathing be at peace as you relax your legs and feet.
Is there a big change in your body since you began the previous paragraph?
Notice how much you hold on. If you are doing it with your body, you are doing it with your mind.
In this relaxed, comfortable position, say to yourself:
- I am willing to let go.
- I release & I let go.
- I release all tension.
- I release all fear.
- I release all anger.
- I release all guilt.
- I release all sadness.
- I let go of all old limitations.
- I let go, and I am at peace.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I am at peace with the process of life.
- I am safe.
Go over this exercise two or three times.
Feel the ease of “just letting gooo”.
Repeat it whenever you feel thoughts of difficulty coming up.
It takes a little practice for the routine to become a part of you.
When you put yourself into this peaceful state first, it becomes easy for your affirmations to take hold. You become open and receptive to them.
There is no need to struggle or stress or strain. Just relax and think the appropriate thoughts. Yes, it is this easy.
source- Louise L Hay, You can Heal Your Life, page 66-68
Adapted by G Ross Clark